This dish came from Padang, West Sumatra Indonesia. I love the richness of curry blended with hot spices. You can buy chicken heart and gizzard available at any supermarket in US. I got balado (red curry) paste Kokita bought from 99Ranch Market in Sunnyvale. If you want to reach the freshness you can make your own red curry paste.
Preparation : 10 minutes
Cooking 10 minutes
250-230gr chicken heart & gizzard, washed, reduce the fat and boiled
1 medium aubergine
2 cups of coconut milk
4-5 tablespoon balado paste (it's up to your level of hotness)
1 lemongrass, crushed
1 cup of hot water
- Cut aubergine and fry in the pan/pan with enough vegetable oil (aubergine tends to eat up all liquid). Let it half cooked in both side and set aside
- Put just drip of vegetable oil on the wok and quick fry the balado paste.
- Then add the chicken heart and gizzard.
- Mixed together then add the aubergine
- Pour in coconut milk along with the hot water
- Let it simmer for about 10 minutes with lemongrass on it
- Served with rice.